BN1 Magazine competition terms and conditions for online and magazine based competitions:
1.The ‘Rules’ apply to any competition (the ‘Competition’) that is promoted in BN1 Magazine or their website (www.bn1magazine.co.uk)
2. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the ‘Rules’.
3. BN1 Magazine reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of any Competition and/or the ‘Rules’ without notice due to an event outside of BN1 Magazine’s reasonable control.
4. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed of changes to the ‘Rules’.
5. In the event of disputes regarding the ‘Rules’, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of BN1 Magazine shall be final and unchallengeable.
6. No correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by BN1 Magazine.
7. By entering the Competition, you confirm all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete. BN1 Magazine reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
8. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to readers of BN1 Magazine, its website and followers of BN1 Magazine’s social media profiles who are resident in the United Kingdom. Persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom may not apply.
9. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open only to persons of aged 18 and older.
10. Entrants may be required to provide proof of age and identity on request.
11. BN1 Magazine reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the ‘Rules’, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the ‘Rules’ could lead to BN1 Magazine disqualifying that person, without BN1 Magazine giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
12. In the event a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, BN1 Magazine will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner. Such selection will also be subject to the Rules.
13. Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
14. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that BN1 Magazine discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified. If such an Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected.
15. Prize-winners will be selected and notified within four days of the closing date stated in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed, or likely to commit, any form of misconduct (as determined by BN1 Magazine in its sole discretion).
16. Where Entries are judged on artistic or subjective criteria, BN1 Magazine reserves the right to amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
17. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable (for any reason) BN1 Magazine reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
18. BN1 Magazine accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
19. BN1 Magazine accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
20. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION
21. Entrants agree that BN1 Magazine (and any third party authorised by BN1 Magazine) may use any Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the BN1 Magazine website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). By entering you confirm your Entry is original and have the right to license to BN1 Magazine the copyright (and other intellectual property rights) in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give BN1 Magazine (and any relevant third party authorised by BN1 Magazine) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
22. BN1 Magazine will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition.
23. Entrants give consent for their details to be used for marketing purposes, including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by BN1 Magazine in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
24. All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to be photographed, filmed and recorded at any event or show forming part of the Prize.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
25. The Rules, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, are governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
COPIES OF THESE RULES
26. A physical copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: [Name of Competition], BN1 Magazine, London Rd, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 4JF