*Sun subject to availability.
Comics including Sara Pascoe, Russell Kane, Luisa Omelian, Seann Walsh and Adam Kay are the latest acts to sign up to perform at new Covid-safe Brighton beach venue The Warren Outdoors.
The comedians – familiar faces from TV shows including Mock The Week, Live at The Apollo and The Last Leg among others – were unable to perform live while theatres remained closed during lockdown. But this September they will be out on stage again at Otherplace Brighton’s purpose-built outdoor site next to Brighton Palace Pier.
The site, which seats up to 300 people on tables seated two metres apart, opened on Madeira Drive on August 5th. It has already hosted famous names including Jimmy Carr (who enjoyed it so much he returns for two extra shows on September 27th) and Milton Jones, with others, including Rachel Parris, Marcus Brigstocke and Paul Sinha, coming up in the next few weeks.
“We’ve had a great response to The Warren Outdoor Season,” said Nicola Haydn, Artistic Director of Otherplace. “Both from audiences and from acts, who love being able to perform in public again after months in lockdown. We’re really proud of the programme we’ve put together – and it just keeps getting better.”
The full list of new comedy shows is as follows:
- Seann Walsh replaces Suzi Ruffell at KRATER comedy on September 5th.
- Russell Kane (best known as the host of three series of Live At The Electric, plus a string of award-winning live shows) comes to the venue on September 11th.
- Sara Pascoe (actor, bestselling author, and stand-up, as seen on Live At The Apollo, Stand Up For The Week, Have I Got News for You and in Frankie Boyle’s BBC shows Autopsy and New World Order) performs a new, work-in-progress on September 14th.
- Luisia Omelian (Am I Right Ladies? What Would Beyonce Do? Politics For Bitches) brings her powerful new show God Is A Woman to the venue on September 18th.
- NHS doc-turned-bestselling author and comic Adam Kay performs his sell-out West End show This Is Going to Hurt on September 25th.
- The Warren Outdoors is a purpose-built, pop-up site on the beach beneath Brighton Zip, Madeira Drive. Running until September 27th, it offers a daily programme of live comedy, theatre and cabaret in a Covid-safe, socially-distanced environment. Audiences pre-book tables for up to six people, who should be members of their household or ‘bubble’. On arrival, they can use a mobile app to order drinks and snacks, which are brought to their table to minimise contact.
The Warren Outdoor Season runs until Sun 27 Sept 2020 (10am – 11.15pm daily) on Brighton Beach, next to The Pier
Tickets go on sale now, via www.otherplacebrighton.co.uk